About the book: Homepreschool & Beyond
Attention, parents of preschoolers! Do you want to provide a quality education for your preschoolers at home? Are you thinking about homeschooling? Then Homepreschool and Beyond is for you! In this one book, you will learn:
-What preschoolers really need
-What preschoolers should be learning, and how to teach it to them
-What life experiences are important for your preschooler
-What “readiness” is, and why it is so important
Need ideas for discipline? Art, music, and play experiences? It’s in there.
Want to know how to decide if your child is ready for Kindergarten? Do you need help transitioning from preschool to Kindergarten? It’s in there, too.
Want to learn more about homeschooling–why families homeschool, how to get started, how to choose curriculum, and so on? Gotcha covered.
Homepreschool and Beyond includes:
A Balanced approach; addresses the needs of the whole child–body, mind, and spirit
Faith-based: Emphasizes discipleship and character training
Emphasis on learning through hands-on activities and real life
From the Book’s Back Cover:
Many parents struggle to know what to teach their preschoolers. Some take a “hands-off” approach, providing little in the way of educational activities. Others emphasize early academics, drilling their youngsters on colors, numbers, and letters while overlooking play and other experiences that are vital for normal development.
Preschoolers thrive somewhere between these extremes. They need a balanced, faith-based, developmentally appropriate approach that emphasizes relationships, simple daily routines, readiness and reading aloud.
Here is a complete chapter list:
Part 1: The Basics:
2. Teaching Through Parenting
4. The Importance of Readiness
5. The Importance of Routine
Part 2: All About Books
6. Teaching Through Reading Aloud
7. Better Than Captain Underpants: Choosing Good Books
8. Book Lists: Preschool Through Grade School
Part 3: Skills
9. Family and LIfe Skills
10. Goals of Spiritual Development
11. Speech and Listening Skills
12. Cognition and Memory Skills
13. Pre-reading and Pre-Writing Skills
14. Early Math Skills
15. Physical Development
16. Learning Science
17. Social Studies
19. Arts and Crafts
20. Holidays and Traditions
Part 4: Games and Play
21. The Power of Play
22. Playful Learning Activities
23. Learning Games
Part 5: Curriculum and Methods
24. Why I Flunked Kindergarten–and Why Your Child Doesn’t Have To
25. Choosing and Using Curriculum–First Grade and Up
26. Homeschooling Methods and Resources
27. Keeping Preschoolers Busy While Teaching Older Children
Appendix: recommended Resources; Making the Decision to Homeschool After Preschool. and more!
© 2010 Susan Lemons all rights reserved.